The Indian Adventure..
Going to India is always a bitter-sweet struggle for me.. While I love the place for some reasons, other things get on my nerves. But I always manage to get caught in an “Adventure” every time I am there.. With crazy car rides, weird cops, scary weather, riots, closures.. you name it, you can get it there.. And every time, there is a guarantee that your adrenaline will get pumping by the time it’s over.
And hence I prefer to go on short vacations, too much adrenaline has never been good for anyone. And then also, by the time it starts getting on my nerves I am out of there…
But I have managed to come up with a list of “Must Do” things for each of my trips to India, and specifically to Pune.
So here is the checklist for my recent trip.
1. Have an Adventure – Check (Crazy neighbor quarreling about the fence. :S )
2. Eat great Marathi Food – Check (2 great meals, at my Aunts and Sis-in-Laws)
3. Eat great roadside Food – Check (On the way from Mumbai to Pune)
4. Drink Neera–
5. Eat Paan – Check (Twice :D )
6. Shop for Clothes – Kinda Check (“Stole” from Bro.. :p)
7. Restock Music from Planet M – Check (Got around 20+ CDs/DVDs )
8. Hang out with cousins – Kinda Check (Only 1cousin was around :( )
9. Get a haircut – Check (Just made it on the last day..)
10. Go on a road trip – Kinda Check (Traveled from Mumbai to Pune in Bro’s Car )
11. Ride motorbikes – Check (Rode just a bit.. but was fun… :) )
12. Attend a concert – Check (Though had to rush off halfway through it )
13. Climb the Tekdi (hill) –
So I managed to get almost of my points.. except Neera.. Damn I crave for it now.. oh and the Tekdi.. :)
The roadside food… Wada Pav :)