I decided to make a lot of Tiramisu for my friends.
TomYam wants to learn and taste, TheWeed has become quite a fan as well, and I want to disturb Lychee for going back early. So I decided to use up all the ingredients I had and make as much as possible. Let see…
- 6 Extra-Large Eggs
- ~300g Mascarpone Cheese
- 2-3 shots of Expresso (I used strong instant coffee) + some kind of strong liqueur (Kahlua or Marsala) (optional and I din use any)
- ~30 Saviordi Savoiardi biscuits
- ~1/2 cup sugar
- 2-3 teaspoon Hershey’s Cocoa
How I did it :
1. Seperate the whites and the yellows.
2. Whisk the whites till stiff peaks form.
3. Beat the yellow a little and mix all the sugar into the yellow.
4. Whisk the Mascarpone Cheese, and then mix the yellow into it.
5. Gently fold the cheese and yellow mix into the white.
Make sure you don’t break the ‘bubbles’ in the white.
6. Dip each of the Saviordi Savoiardi in the expresso and arrange them in a deep dish/ container.
7. Cover the with a layer of the eggs and cheese mix.
8. Repeat step 6 for another layer of the Saviordi Savoiardi .
9. Repeat step 7 for another layer of the eggs and cheese mix.
10. Cover everything with a thin layer of the Hershey’s Cocoa
11. Leave the whole thing in the fridge for ~5-7 hours. Overnight for the best results.
It was fun!. I made a lot of mess. Luckily my mom was not around.
Anyway, this is probably the worst way to make Tiramisu, but it tastes nice :). It was taught to me by an Itailian guy! And all I can say is that we had a lot lot of fun while making it.
Anyway, try it out and tell me how it turns up. :D